Sunday, May 19, 2019
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
We're throwing a party! Join us in celebrating EWRI's 20th Anniversary in the Grand Ballroom of the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown. This ticketed event is included with your full registration - just make sure to select the event during registration. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
Expect lots of activities and surprises including:
- Limited Edition Giveaways
- Time Capsule (more details soon)
- Raffle - Grand Prize will be 1 complimentary full registration to an upcoming EWRI Conference
- & much more!
History & Heritage Symposium
EWRI's 20th Anniversary Task Committee has organized a symposium to commemorate this special milestone. Additional details will be made available once the technical program is released in February.
- A History of Pittsburgh Carnegie Mellon Students in EWRI and ASCE
- History of the Biennial Seminar Series on Water Resources and Environmental Management
- The Formation of the Environmental & Water Resources Institute: From an ASCE Task Committee to An Institute
- History and Highlights of EWRI Congresses
- History of EWRI Newsletters, including Currents
- Publication Accomplishments of ASCE-EWRI Standards Committees
- The Creation and History of the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers (AAWRE ) (2004–2019)
- History of Waterways & Bridges Boat Tour (paid ticketed event)
- Special Volume in the 2019 EWRI Congress Proceedings
Arrive in Pittsburgh prepared to leave behind a little something for future environmental & water resources engineers. During Sunday's celebration, we will be collecting items for inclusion in EWRI's 20th Anniversary Time Capsule.
Don't have an object to share? Consider writing a note or letter addressing one the questions below.
- What was your biggest professional concern?
- What was your most helpful tool?
- What is your best piece of advice to future engineers?
- What is your fondest ASCE or EWRI Memory?
- What is your hope for the future of the profession?
The capsule will be opened at the 2029 EWRI Congress.