The 2024 World Environmental & Water Resources Congress will feature 12 concurrent technical tracks over three days. Approximately 800 leading engineers and scientists from around the world attend the EWRI Congress each year to discuss the latest research, case studies, and evolving “best practices” in water resources and the environment.
World Environmental & Water Resources Congress Organizing Committee
- Conference Chair: William S. Gonwa, Ph.D., P.E. - Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Technical Co-Chair: Saki Handa, P.E., ENV SP - Optimatics
- Technical Co-Chair: Rob Montgomery, P.E. - University of Wisconsin Madison
- Local Chair: Mark Mittag, P.E., CFM - Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD)
- Local Sub-Committee: Anna Bradley - Geosyntec Consultants
- Technical Sub-Committee: Carl Sutter, P.E. F.ASCE, BC.WRE - McMahon
- Advisor - Deborah Lee, P.E. Ph.D., BC.WRE, F.ASCE - NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory
Environmental & Water Resources Institute of ASCE
Created in 1999, the Environmental & Water Resources Institute (EWRI) is the recognized leader within ASCE for the integration of technical expertise and public policy in the planning, design, construction, and operation of environmentally sound and sustainable infrastructure impacting air, land and water resources.