ASCE has been advised that certain housing service vendors have reached out to participants with an offer to book hotel reservations for the EWRI Congress 2018 at “special” discount rates. Some of these vendors have represented or implied that they are acting on behalf of ASCE or the Hyatt Regency Hotel, or that they have authorization from ASCE or the Hyatt Hotel to offer hotel rooms to the EWRI Congress 2018 participants.
Please be aware that these vendors are not affiliated with or authorized in any way by ASCE, the EWRI Congress 2018, or the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The only approved methods for booking hotel reservations in ASCE’s housing block are through the official housing link or by calling 402-592-6464 or toll free at 888-421-1442.
ASCE urges its participants to exercise caution if contacted by a third-party room block marketer for the EWRI Congress 2018 or any other ASCE meeting. There have been many reports of deceptive marketing or undisclosed terms by such marketers. Any room booked through such a vendor may entail the following risks:
- Room reservations may not be confirmed because the marketer does not actually have a contracted room block at the hotel. Even confirmation number may not guarantee that a room is available on the date of arrival.
- Rooms may require full pre-payment and may be non-refundable. Name changes on room reservations may be difficult or impossible to make.
- Marketers typically cannot secure a large block of rooms; instead, booking only one or two at a time. Participants booking larger blocks should be especially cautious.
- ASCE may not be able to assist attendees staying in rooms outside the block if problems result from their booking.
If you have any questions, please contact ASCE at [email protected].
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
1300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Group Rate: Single/Double - $199
Reserve your room online and receive the group rate. The deadline to reserve your hotel room at the group rate is Thursday, May 10, 2018.
A limited number of government rooms will be available at the prevailing government per diem rate. You may be able to reserve a room at the government rate that is not available through the web link by calling the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Hotel (612) 370-1234, and speaking with an agent. Please ask for the 2018 EWRI World Environmental & Water Resources Congress - GOVT sub-block. Should you need personal assistance with the government rates, please contact Mackenzie Nelson at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis by calling her directly at (612) 596-4634.
Airport & Rail
The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is 12 miles from the hotel.
There are two terminals at MSP: Terminal 1-Lindbergh and Terminal 2-Humphrey. The terminals are accessed off separate roadways, so it is important to know which terminal you will fly in or out of. Check the airlines by terminal page to find out which terminal you’ll need.
The Amtrak Station is 8 miles from the hotel.
- Advantage (800) 777-5500
- Alamo (800) 327-9633
- Avis (800) 831-2847
- Budget (800) 527-0700
- Dollar (800) 800-4000
- Enterprise (800) 325-8007
- Hertz (800) 654-3131
- National (800) 227-7368
- Thrifty (800) 847-4389
(rates are subject to change)
- Self-Parking at Loring Parking Ramp: 0-24 Hours $19.00
- Hotel Valet Parking $38.00/day
Getting Around Minneapolis
Downtown Minneapolis provides different options for getting around. For more detail information form route maps and schedules, please visit the Downtown Minneapolis site.
- Light Rail station: 8 blocks from the hotel and takes you towards downtown, Mall of America, the airport, and St. Paul
- Greyhound Bus Station: located 7 blocks from the hotel