By submitting an abstract to the EWRI Congress 2021, you acknowledge that you understand that:
- You are available to present at any time and in the format that EWRI Congress assigns your presentation (Sunday, May 23 – Wednesday, May 26, 2021). This conference is scheduled to be live in-person, however, depending on current COVID-19 restrictions, we may be conducting a completely or hybrid virtual conference. Presentation schedules, length of presentations and room/space arrangements may vary to accommodate the mode of the conference.
- It is mandatory that you register and pay for the conference by Friday, January 15, 2021. Should an author submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, the unregistered paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
- Final papers will be due on Monday, November 30, 2020. Paper submission is not mandatory.
If you require travel, you acknowledge that you understand that:
- ASCE will not pay for your travel or other expenses.
- You have obtained permission and funding from your agency/company to make this presentation, including registration and affiliated travel. (if applicable)
- You have applied for your international travel paperwork in advance to obtain international travel permissions (if applicable). See international travel section on conference website for more details.
- An international letter of invitation will not be sent until you have registered and paid for the conference (if applicable). See international travel section on conference website for more details.
Topics and Tracks for the 2021 EWRI Congress
- Atmospheric Water Management
- Cyber-physical Security of Urban Water Infrastructure
- Desalination & Water Reuse Symposium
- Emerging Contaminants
- Energy Conservation and Management in Water Industry
- Environmental Systems and Processes
- Environmental Science and Engineering Research
- Environmental and Water Resources Education and Outreach
- Emerging & Innovative Technologies
- Freshwater Systems and Ecology
- Groundwater Symposium
- Wisconsin & Illinois History Symposium
- Hydraulics & Waterways
- Hydro-Climate/Climate Change Symposium
- Hydraulic Fracturing Symposium
- International Environmental and Water Resource Issues
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Reclaimed Water for Irrigation Symposium
- Planning and Management
- Stormwater Symposium
- Urban Water Resources Research Council
- Water Distribution Systems Analysis Symposium
- Water Resource Planning & Management
- Water Quality Modeling and Restoration
- Water Security and Equity
- Water Standards
- Water, Wastewater & Stormwater
Abstracts must be:
- In English
- Approximately 250 words but no longer than 1-page in length
- Your own scientific, technical or project work but not literature review
- No more than 2 submissions per person (as the presenter)
- Only 1 of which may be approved for oral presentation
- Only 1 of which may be approved for poster presentation
Abstracts must NOT be:
- Previously published (except if for oral presentation only)
- Commercial or promotional
- ASCE/EWRI membership is encouraged, but not required for submission. Submitters whose abstracts are accepted for presentation, whether oral or poster, are expected to register for and attend the EWRI Congress 2021 in their preferred mode
Abstracts Due: ** Extended ** Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:59 PM EST
Final Paper Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020
- Final paper length is limited to 15 pages including the abstract, text, photos, and graphics.
- Final papers must be at least 5 pages in length (excluding references) for inclusion in the published proceedings
- Authors whose abstracts and/or final papers are selected for inclusion in the technical program will be required to register for the EWRI Congress at the appropriate fee, attend the conference, and make their presentations in person or preferred mode.
- Final paper submission is optional
Speaker/Author Registration Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021
The deadline for speaker/author registration is midnight Friday, January 15, 2021, Eastern US Time (GMT minus 5).
Should an author submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, the unregistered paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
If you intend to submit only an abstract for presentation at the conference, you are still required to register by this date.
Speaker/author registration fees are non-refundable after Friday, March 5, 2021, due to the necessary advance production of the proceedings and the program. Exceptions will only be made for illness or emergency if the request is made in writing and accompanied by a doctor's note and/or similar official documentation stating the emergency and person's name. The subsequent refund will be made minus a $100 processing fee.